The State Election Commission has announced the dates for the three-tier panchayat elections in Uttar Pradesh on Friday. Voting will be held for more than eight and a half lakh posts between April 15 and April 29 in four phases district-wise. The counting of votes will take place on May 2. The nominations for all the phases will be held from 8 am to 5 pm, voting from 7 am to 6 pm, and the counting of votes simultaneously from 8 am on May 2.
State Election Commissioner Manoj Kumar said that for the four posts of the panchayat (gram panchayat member, gram pradhan, kshetra panchayat member, and district panchayat member) district-wise elections will be held simultaneously in four phases. In the first phase, voting will be held on April 15 for all the posts in 18 districts. In the second phase, votes will be cast in 20 districts on April 19, in the third in 20 districts on April 26, and in the fourth and final phase on April 29 in 17 districts. Voting will be held from 7 am to 6 pm. The counting of votes for all the posts of all the phases will start simultaneously on May 2 at eight o'clock in the morning.
Panchayat election schedule
- First phase: April 3 and 4 Nomination: April 5 and 6 Nomination check: April 7 Name withdrawal and symbol allocation: April 15 Voting
- Second phase: 7 and 8 April Nomination : 9 and 10 April Nomination check : April 11 Name withdrawal and symbol allocation : April 19 Voting
- Third phase : April 13 and 15 Nomination : April 16 and 17 Nomination check : April 18 Name withdrawal and symbol allocation : April 26 Voting
- Phase IV : April 17 and 18 Nomination : April 19 and 20 Nomination check : April 21 Name withdrawal and symbol allocation : April 29 Voting
When to vote in which district
- Date: 15 April
- Total District: 18
- District names: Saharanpur, Ghaziabad, Rampur, Bareilly, Hathras, Agra, Kanpur Nagar, Jhansi, Mahoba, Prayagraj, Rae Bareli, Hardoi, Ayodhya, Shravasti, Santakbirnagar, Gorakhpur, Jaunpur and Bhadohi.
- Date : April 19
- Total District : 20
- Districts : Muzaffarnagar, Baghpat, Gautam Budh Nagar, Bijnor, Amroha, Badaun, Etah, Mainpuri, Kannauj, Etawah, Lalitpur, Chitrakoot, Pratapgarh, Lucknow, Lakhimpur Kheri, Sultanpur, Gonda, Maharajganj, Varanasi and Azamgarh.
- Date : 26 April
- Total District : 20
- Districts : Shamli, Meerut, Moradabad, Pilibhit, Kasganj, Firozabad, Auraiya, Kanpur Dehat, Jalaun, Hamirpur, Fatehpur, Unnao, Amethi, Barabanki, Balrampur, Siddharthnagar, Deoria, Chandauli, Mirjapur and Ballia.
- Date : April 29
- Total District : 17
- Districts : Bulandshahar, Hapur, Sambhal, Shahjahanpur, Aligarh, Mathura, Farrukhabad, Banda, Kaushambi, Sitapur, Ambedkaranagar, Bahraich, Basti, Kushinagar, Ghazipur, Sonbhadra and Mau.