After the letter of former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh in Maharashtra, a letter from now suspended police officer Sachin Waje has increased the political stir. Sachin Waje claimed on Wednesday that former state minister of state Anil Deshmukh had asked him two crore rupees to continue his service in the Mumbai Police. At the same time, another minister has accused Anil Parab that he had asked the contractors to recover.
However, Transport Minister Parab dismissed the allegations of Waje saying that these allegations are false and its aim is to tarnish my image. He said that he is ready to face any investigation. Waje was reinstated last year in the police service. He made this sensational claim in a letter, which he tried to present before the special NIA court here.
However, Special Judge PR Sitre refused to take his letter on record and asked him to follow the necessary procedure. Waje is an accused in the case of industrialist Mukesh Ambani's residence in South Mumbai after a suspicious vehicle was found and the death of businessman Mansukh Hiren. Explosive material was recovered from this vehicle. Waje is currently in NIA custody.
What Waje wrote in the letter
Controversial assistant police inspector Waje alleged that Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar probably wanted him to be placed under suspension again. Pawar's party NCP is included in the coalition government of Maharashtra. "I am reinstated in service on January 6, 2020," Waje said. Shortly thereafter, some people wanted to reverse this decision. He said that it was probably then that Sharad Pawar ordered me to be placed under suspension again.
In a four-page handwritten letter, Waje claimed that the then Home Minister (Deshmukh) had also told me that he would celebrate Pawar Saheb and for that he had asked me to pay two crore rupees. Waje said that he expressed his inability to pay such a huge amount. He said that on this the Home Minister had asked me to pay the amount later.
Parambir had also alleged that the recovery is alleged that former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh had also claimed a few days ago that Deshmukh had asked the police officers to recover Rs 100 crore from bars and restaurants. However, Deshmukh has dismissed the allegation.
Waje has also claimed in his letter that in January 2021, another minister of state, Anil Parab, asked him to conduct an investigation against the contractors listed as fraudsters in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and at least two crore rupees from around 50 such contractors. Told to make a recovery.
Parab said - I swear, I did nothing wrong
Shiv Sena leader Parab rejected the claim of Waje and told reporters that I swear to Bal Thackeray and his two daughters that I have done nothing wrong. He claimed that this was a conspiracy by the BJP to malign the Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and the Mahavikas Aghadi government.