The sixth match of the IPL 2021 season is being played between Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at Chepak Stadium, Chennai. Batting first after losing the toss, the Bangalore team scored 149 runs losing 8 wickets in 20 overs. In response, the Hyderabad team has scored 60+ runs after losing 1 wicket. Currently, captain David Warner and Manish Pandey are at the crease.
Warner broke the record of Chennai Super Kings captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni after scoring 11 runs. He became the highest run-scorer in any T20 against the Bangalore team. Dhoni scored 833 runs against RCB. Warner has gone beyond this. Suresh Raina is third with 755 runs, Rohit Sharma is fourth with 716 runs and Gautam Gambhir is at number 5 in this list with 713 runs.
Siraj gave the first blow to Hyderabad by dismissing Saha
Mohammad Siraj gave the first blow to the Hyderabad team. He dismissed Wriddhiman Saha. The opening pair of Warner and Wriddhiman Saha failed for the second consecutive match. Saha also failed in the second match in a row. He could only score 1 run off 9 balls. Earlier, Saha was also out for 7 against Kolkata Knight Riders.
Maxwell's first FIFTY in IPL after 2016
Before this, Maxwell made his first FIFTY in IPL after about 5 years. Maxwell last pitched against Kolkata Knight Riders in 2016. Jason Holder, playing the first match of the season for Hyderabad, took 3 wickets. He took the wickets of Virat Kohli, Maxwell and Kyle Jameson. At the same time, Rashid Khan got 2 wickets. He dismissed AB de Villiers and Washington Sundar.
Virat and Maxwell scored 22 runs in the 11th over of Nadeem
Virat and Maxwell targeted the spinner on the spinning track in Chennai. In the 11th over of the innings, Shahbaz Nadeem was bowling. Maxwell hit 2 sixes and 1 four off the first 3 balls. After this Virat also hit a four. Both scored a total of 22 runs in this over with 2 singles.
7 batsmen of Bengaluru team could not cross 20 run mark
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar gave Bengaluru the first blow. He got RCB's top scorer Devdutt Padikkal caught by Shahbaz Nadeem last season. He scored 11 runs off 13 balls. Padikkal did not play the first match of this season against Mumbai due to recovery from Corona.
- Shahbad Ahmed, who came to bat at number three, also could not do anything special. RCB as him dropped the second wicket. He scored 14 runs off 10 balls. He was caught by Shahbaz Nadeem in the hands of Rashid Khan.
- After this, captain Virat Kohli and Glenn Maxwell Virat could score only 33 runs. He was caught by Jason Holder in the hands of Vijay Shankar. Virat was also out for 33 in the last match against Mumbai. Virat and Maxwell shared a 44-run partnership for 38 balls for the third wicket.
- After Virat's dismissal, Bengaluru lost 4 wickets within 18 runs. Rashid wreaks havoc, dismissing AB de Villiers and Washington Sundar. Rashid dismissed de Villiers for the third time in the IPL. He could only score 1 run on 5 balls.
- Rashid also sent Washington Sundar to the pavilion in his next over. Sundar was dismissed for 8 runs off 11 balls. Half of the team from Bangalore had returned to the pavilion for 105 runs.
- After this, the RCB team's sixth wicket fell as Daniel Christian (1 run). He was caught by T Natarajan at the hands of wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha. Kyle Jameson was out for 12 off 9 balls. He was caught by Jason Holder in the hands of Manish Pandey.
- In the last over of Bengaluru's innings, Glenn Maxwell completed his fifty. On the last ball of the innings, Holder caught him by Saha.
Two changes were made to the SRH team, 2 in Hyderabad and 1 change in the Bangalore team. Warner placed Mohammad Nabi and Sandeep Sharma on the bench. They were replaced by Jason Holder and Shahbaz Nadeem. At the same time, RCB captain Virat Kohli has replaced Devdutt Padikkal in the team in place of Rajat Patidar.
Bengaluru: Virat Kohli (captain), Devdutt Padikkal, Shahbaz Ahmed, Glenn Maxwell, AB de Villiers, Daniel Christian, Kyle Jameson, Washington Sundar, Harshal Patel, Mohammad Siraj and Yuzvendra Chahal.
Hyderabad: David Warner (captain), Wriddhiman Saha, Manish Pandey, Johnny Bairstow, Vijay Shankar, Jason Holder, Abdul Samad, Rashid Khan, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, T. Natarajan and Shahbaz Nadeem.
Virat's team started the season with a win
Virat's team defeated the 5-time champion Mumbai Indians in their first match of the season. At the same time, David Warner's Sunrisers Hyderabad lost to Kolkata Knight Riders. The Bangalore team would like to win this match and retain their winning streak. At the same time, Hyderabad would like to defeat RCB for the third consecutive match.
Padikkal who was the top scorer of RCB last season
Rajat Patidar, who came to bat at number three in the match against Mumbai this season, was dismissed by just 8 runs. In his place, opener Devdutt Padikkal has made a comeback. Padikkal was the highest run-scorer in Bengaluru last season. He scored 473 runs in 15 matches.
The 20-year-old Paddikal was in superb form in two domestic tournaments. The 20-year-old Paddikal had picked up five fifties last season. He was also in excellent form in the recently held Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and Vijay Hazare Trophy. In the Syed Mushtaq tournament he scored 218 runs in 6 matches at an average of 43.60 and in Vijay Hazare 737 runs in 7 matches. Padikkal did not play in the match against Mumbai due to recovery from Corona.