The 15th match of IPL 2021 is being played between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in Mumbai. Batting first after losing the toss, Chennai gave the Kolkata team a target of 221 runs. In response, the KKR team has scored 70+ runs after losing 5 wickets. Right now, Andre Russell and Dinesh Karthik are at the crease.
Deepak Chahar took 4 wickets
Kolkata team had a poor start. The team lost one wicket in the very first over. Opener Shubman Gill returned to the pavilion without playing an account. Deepak Chahar got him caught by Ngidi.
Half of Kolkata's team returned to the pavilion by coming on for 31 runs. Deepak hunted 4 players. The pacer bowled out Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, ON Morgan and Sunil Narine. Lungi Ngidi gave the 5th blow. Ngidi, playing the first match of the season, sent Rahul Tripathi to the pavilion for 8 runs. CSK team captain and wicketkeeper Dhoni took 3 catches. Dhoni catches Rana, Tripathi, and Morgan.
Rituraj and Duplessis' first Fifty in season
Chennai Super Kings scored 220 runs losing 3 wickets. Opener Rituraj Gaikwad made his fourth appearance in IPL and Faf Duplessis placed 17th. Duplessis scored 95 off 60 balls and Rituraj scored 64 off 42 balls. It was also their first fifty in the season. Moin Ali, who came in to bat at number three, scored 25 runs off 12 balls.
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni came out to bat at number-4 for the first time in the season and scored 17 runs. For Kolkata, Varun Chakraborty, Sunil Narine and Andre Russell took 1–1 wickets.
Centenary opening partnership for Chennai for the first time in the season
- Chennai Super Kings got off to a brisk start. Opener Faf Duplessis completed a 50-run partnership with Rituraj Gaikwad off 33 balls.
- Rituraj completed his first in the season and fourth in the IPL in the 11th over. In the next over, the team's score reached 100 runs.
- This is the first time this season that Chennai openers have scored a century partnership. The team got its first setback at a score of 115.
- Rituraj was caught on the boundary off Varun Chakraborty's ball. In the same over, Duplessis also completed his 17th FIFT of the IPL.
- Duplessis held one end and led the innings with Moin Ali. Together, they had added 50 runs on 24 balls.
- Chennai got the second blow on the score of 165. Sunil Narine sent Moeen Ali to the pavilion for 25 runs. Karthik stumps him out.
- Captain Dhoni came out to bat at number-4 and led the innings with Duplessis. The team crossed the 200 scores in the 19th over.
- The team got its third setback at a score of 201. Dhoni returned to the pavilion after scoring 17 runs off 8 balls.
Krishna bowled 2 no balls in one over
Famous Krishna bowled 2 no balls in the 12th over of the innings. Duplessis was on strike both times, scoring just 1-1 each time on a free hit. In this over, the Chennai team scored 17 runs. Rituraj also hit a six.
Duplessis became the sixth player from Africa to score 6 thousand runs in T20 cricket, Faf Duplessis has completed his 6 thousand runs in T20 cricket. He achieved this feat when he scored one against Kolkata in the IPL. With this, he has also become the sixth player from South Africa to score 6 thousand runs in T20 format. In this case, AB de Villiers is on top with 9236 runs. Chris Gayle has the highest number of 13781 runs in the overall world. Both these players are also playing cricket.
Karthik's 200th match in IPL
2 changes have been made in Kolkata's playing-11. Morgan has given rest to Harbhajan Singh and Shakib Al Hasan. He was replaced by Kamlesh Nagerkoti and Sunil Narine in the squad. At the same time, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the captain of the CSK team, has given rest to Dwayne Bravo. Lungi Ngidi was replaced in his place. This is KKR's wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik's 200th match in IPL.
In both teams, 4-4 foreign players
Chennai team included foreign players Faf Duplessis, Moin Ali, Lungi Ngidi, and Sam Karan. At the same time, Kolkata-based Playing-11 includes captain ON Morgan, including Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, and Sunil Narine.
- Kolkata: Nitish Rana, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, ON Morgan, Sunil Naren, Dinesh Karthik, Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, Kamlesh Nagerkoti, Famous Krishna, Varun Chakraborty
- Chennai: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain), Rituraj Gaikwad, Faf Duplessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Moin Ali, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Karan, Lungi Ngidi, Shardul Thakur, and Deepak Chahar.
Well-versed with the conditions CSK's team CSK's team has come to play the fourth match of the season at Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium. At the same time, KKR's team is coming to Chennai by playing three matches on slow pitches. This is his first match of the season in Mumbai. CSK has proved that it has excellent players in both spin and swing conditions.
After playing 3-3 matches in the season, the situation of both teams is completely different. While CSK's team is a contender for a hat-trick of wins, there is a danger of a hat-trick of defeats over KKR.
Good Conditions for KKR Stroke Makers
KKR's team has big-hitting batsmen in the middle order like Dinesh Karthik, ON Morgan, and Andre Russell. They had to struggle on Chennai's slow pitch. His strike rate may increase in Mumbai. Also, if the pitch helps swing and seam bowling, Kolkata also has good fast bowlers in the form of the famous Krishna and Pat Cummins.
Moin Ali proved to be Chennai star
CSK bought Moin Ali for Rs 7 crore in the 2021 season auction. Moin has justified this decision with his performance. He has proved to be a star performer for Chennai in both batting and bowling. Moin also gives the team a better balance. Apart from putting a few overs of spin, he is also doing good power-hitting in the top order.