In the case of Corona's new case, Karnataka has so far come close to number one Maharashtra. The infection was confirmed in Karnataka on Sunday at 47,930 people. In Maharashtra, this number stood at 48,401. That is, there was a difference of only 471 cases between the two. Kerala was at number three, where 35,800 cases were found.
In Karnataka, the infection has spread rapidly for the last few weeks. With the situation in Maharashtra improving, the gap between the two has been reduced considerably. On May 1, more than 63 thousand new cases were reported in Maharashtra. There were around 41 thousand cases in Karnataka then.
On the other hand, there are also recorded cases of infection in Bengal. On Sunday, 19,441 people were found to be the most corona positive in a single day. 124 people also died. The total number of cases in the state has reached close to 10 lakhs. Currently, there are 9.93 lakh cases here. Bengal will become the eighth state in the country, where the number of corona patients will be 1 million.
Padma Vibhushan sculptor Raghunath Mohapatra died
Meanwhile, Odisha's famous sculptor and Rajya Sabha MP Raghunath Mohapatra died on Sunday. They were infected with Corona last week. Since then, he was undergoing treatment at AIIMS, Bhubaneswar. Born in 1943, Mohapatra was honored with Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan.
Famous sculptor Raghunath Mohapatra was infected with Corona last week.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while paying tribute to him, wrote on social media that Raghunath Mohapatra made a pioneering contribution in the world of art, architecture, and culture. His contribution towards popularizing traditional crafts will be remembered.
Corona epidemic statistics in the country
- Total new cases came in last 24 hours: 4.03 lakh
- Total deaths in last 24 hours: 4,091
- Total recovered in last 24 hours: 3.86 lakhs
- Total infected so far: 2.22 crore
- Till now healed: 1.83 Crore
- Total deaths so far: 2.42 lakh
- Total number of patients currently undergoing treatment: 37.32 Lakh
in 16 states are complete lockdown-like restrictions in 16 states of the country. These include Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Mizoram and Goa. The same strict restrictions have been imposed here as during the Corona epidemic last year.
Partial lockdown in 16 states / union territories is a partial lockdown
in 16 states and union territories of the country. That is, there are restrictions here, but there are also exemptions. These include Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat.
Due to the lockdown corona in Tamil Nadu since yesterday, the Tamil Nadu government has announced the imposition of a complete lockdown for two weeks from May 10. There will be a complete lockdown in Tamil Nadu from 10 to 24 May. Grocery, ration shops are allowed to open till 12 noon. People coming from other states will have to do e-registration first. There will be a restriction on travel to tourist destinations.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday spoke with the Chief Ministers of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar, and Uttarakhand on the situation in Corona. Earlier on Saturday, he had talked to the Chief Ministers of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that the lockdown in Delhi is being extended for a week. The lockdown will remain in force until 5 am next Monday. Delhi Metro will be closed from tomorrow. Corona cases started decreasing in Delhi on April 26 and the positivity rate has come down from 35% to 23% in the last one to two days.
- In Uttar Pradesh, the partial corona curfew has been extended till 17 May. Information was given by Uttar Pradesh Additional Chief Secretary Information Navneet Sehgal. Earlier, the term of the Corona curfew in Uttar Pradesh was coming to an end on May 10.
- DRDO is building two Kovid Care Hospitals at Haldwani and Rishikesh in Uttarakhand. The hospital at Haldwani will have 375 oxygen beds and 125 ventilator beds. At the same time, the hospital in Rishikesh will have 400 oxygen beds and 100 ventilator beds.
- 3 oxygen generators and 1,000 ventilators arrived in Delhi from the United Kingdom. Each oxygen generator has the capacity to produce 500 liters of oxygen in one minute.
- There is comforting news against the ongoing battle from Corona. The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) on Saturday gave emergency approval to the treatment of corona with the drug 2-deoxy-D-glucose (2-DG). This would be an alternative treatment for a corona infected patient
State of major states
1. Maharashtra, on Sunday, 48,401 people were found infected. 60,226 people recovered and 572 died. So far, 51.01 lakh people in the state have been infected. Of these, 44.07 lakh people have been cured, while 75,849 people have died. 6.15 lakh patients are currently undergoing treatment.
2. Uttar Pradesh, 23,333 people were found infected on Sunday. 34,636 people were recovered and 296 people died. So far, 15.03 lakh people have been infected in the state. Of these, 12.54 lakh have been cured, while 15,464 patients succumbed. 2.33 lakh patients are undergoing treatment.
3. Delhi: In Delhi, 13,336 people were found corona positive on Sunday. This figure is the lowest in the past 39 days. Earlier, on April 12, there were 11,491 cases. 14,738 people recovered and 273 died. So far, 13.23 lakh people have been infected. Of these, 12.17 lakh people have been cured, while 19,344 patients have died. 86,232 are undergoing treatment.
4. Chhattisgarh, on Saturday, 12,239 people were found corona infected. 12,198 people recovered and 223 died. So far, 8.42 lakh people have been infected by the infection in the state. Of these, 7.01 lakh people have been cured, while 10,381 patients have died. 1.30 lakh patients are undergoing treatment.
5. In the state of Gujarat, 11,084 people were found infected on Sunday. 14,770 people recovered and 121 died. So far, 6.81 lakh people have been infected. Of these, 5.33 lakh have been cured, while 8,394 patients have died. There are 1.39 lakh patients who are undergoing treatment.
6. In Madhya Pradesh state, 11,051 people were found corona positive on Sunday. 4,538 people recovered and 86 died. So far, 6.71 lakh people have been infected. Of these, 5.56 lakh people have been cured, while 6,420 people have died. There are 1.08 lakh patients who are undergoing treatment.