CwD eContent Guidelines 2021: Guidelines issued to create e-content for children with disabilities, step towards PM's e-Vidya initiative
Union Education Minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' today approved the guidelines for creating e-content for online education of differently-abled children across the country.
8th June, 2021
Union Education Minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' today approved the guidelines for creating e-content for online education of differently-abled children across the country. The report on these guidelines, prepared by an expert committee constituted by the Department of School Education and Literacy, Union Ministry of Education, has been published on 'Guidelines for the Development of e-content for Children with Disabilities' for children with disabilities under the Prime Minister's e-Vidya initiative. It has been designed with an aim to bring equity in online/digital/on-air teaching. Through this report consisting of a total of 11 sections and 2 appendices, it is the endeavor of the government to bring the education of differently-abled children i.e. 'Children with Special Needs (CWSN)' to the same level as other children.
Highlights of CwD eContent Guidelines 2021
- E-content for children with disabilities should be based on four principles – understandable, operable, understandable or comprehensible and empowering.
- The text, tables, diagrams, visuals, audios, etc., included in the e-content must conform to all national standards (GIGW 2.0) and international standards (WCAG 2.1, e-pub, daisy, etc.).
- The platforms (such as Disha) on which these e-contents will be uploaded and the platforms or devices from which these content will be read/viewed, shall all be required to meet the technical standards.
- Appropriate educational scopes can be incorporated keeping in view the needs of children with disabilities.
- The committee suggests that children's textbooks may also be developed into accessible digital textbooks (ADTs) in a phased manner. ADT content must be produced in multiple formats (text, audio, video, sign language, etc.) with turn-on and turn-off features.
- For complete details of CWD e-content guidelines download the report from the link given below.
Download CwD eContent Guidelines 2021 PDF From This Link