According to Cricket South Africa, the decision will be taken in the next two days as travel restrictions have come into force due to the redesign, which has also affected the travel plans of the guests.
Kanpur: Concerns have been raised about India's tour of India next month due to the new form of COVID-19 that has caused panic in South Africa and according to sources in the Cricket Board of India (BCCI), any decision in this matter will be in consultation with the government. will be based on.The India A team is currently on a South African tour to play three unofficial Test matches in Bloemfontein which could be called off midway due to uncertain circumstances as players from various sports are yet to move out of South Africa.
Due to bad weather, the first match ended in a draw on Friday while the second match will be played from November 29.The team is currently in a bio bubble and matches are being played without spectators.India's senior team is scheduled to play three Tests, three ODIs and four T20 Internationals in their nearly seven-week tour starting December 17.These matches will be played at four venues Johannesburg, Centurion, Paarl and Cape Town.
BCCI sources told PTI on Friday that just wait.We will follow the advice of the government.When the Ministry of External Affairs was asked about the tour and the appearance of the new form, he said that this is another issue for our health officials and civil aviation officials.It is based on circumstances.
Cases are increasing in the northern part of South Africa and at least two Test series sites Johannesburg and Pretoria (closer to Centurion) may be vulnerable to this new pattern.A senior BCCI official said that look, until we get to know from Cricket South Africa (CSA) the situation there, we will not be able to tell about our next course of action.
According to the current schedule, the Indian team is to leave on December 8 or 9 after the series against New Zealand in Mumbai ends.Even though the tour is still being talked about as per the pre-determined schedule, but the BCCI may talk to the CSA in the next few days about the new variant B.1.1.Meanwhile, according to reports on Friday, the Netherlands has decided to cancel its current South African tour.He took this step when the first ODI between the two teams was being played in Centurion.
Category: Sports: Cricket