Jammu and Kashmir: Now preparing to get PhD in PG colleges, Education Department approved

Pankaj Prasad
Pankaj Prasad
PhD in PG colleges, Jammu and Kashmir, Education Department, New Education Policy 2020, Higher Education Department, GGM Science College Jammu, Jammu University

Now research can be done in colleges too, scholars will get scholarship.

Under the New Education Policy 2020, the Higher Education Department is now preparing to conduct PhD (doctorate) in many government colleges of the state. The Education Department has given approval in this regard on January 1.

Universities like GGM Science College Jammu of Jammu Division, Women's College Parade Jammu, Women's College Gandhinagar Jammu, Government College of Education Jammu, GDC Udhampur, GDC Doda, GDC Rajori and Pratap College Srinagar of Kashmir Division, Degree College Baramulla, Government College For Women Srinagar, S College Srinagar, AAM College Bemina, Islamia College of Science and Commerce Srinagar, Government College for Women Nawakadal, Government College Baramulla (Boys), Government College Women Baramulla, Government College Sopore (Boys), Government College Anantnag (Boys) ), Government College Antnag Women and Government Degree College (Boys) have been placed in the first category for PhD course.

Apart from this, undergraduate (UG) and post graduate (PG) courses will be started in other degree colleges of the state. On the basis of infrastructure in colleges, permission will be given to conduct PhD.

The Higher Education Department had sought proposals for Ph.D. from the authorities of the respective colleges. Colleges from which the department had sought proposals. The names of those colleges have been included in the list. This initiative will be beneficial for the youth of the state. (Dialogue)

Only the university had the provision of PhD

Prior to this, PhD is done in Jammu University, SCOT Jammu, Central University Jammu, Central University Kashmir, SCHOST Kashmir and Kashmir University in the state. Even in all the campuses under JU and Kashmir University, there is no full provision of PhD. Most of the youth in central universities came from other states. Even after passing the NET, JRF exam, the youth do not get the opportunity to do research. Now researchers will be able to do research in colleges also. Like University Grants Commission, those doing NET, JRF will get scholarship.

Offers were sought from many colleges for Ph.D. Some colleges have dropped out. Keeping in mind all the situations, in which colleges research can be done in which subjects, they will be approved.

Also Read

Sunil Gavaskar Controversy: Sunil Gavaskar embroiled in controversy after commenting...

Gyanvapi Masjid Row: Huge crowd gathered for Friday prayers in...

Pro. Ravindra Tikku, Nodal Officer, Degree College