Arvind Kejriwal: Youth angry with Agnipath scheme, they should be given full time job

Pankaj Prasad
Arvind Kejriwal on Agnipath scheme
Arvind Kejriwal on Agnipath scheme

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has supported the youth opposing the Agnipath scheme.

Arvind Kejriwal on Agnipath Scheme: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday came out in support of the youth aspiring to join the army opposing the 'Agnipath Scheme'. He appealed to the central government that the youth should be given a chance to serve the country not just for four years, but for life.

radical changes in defense recruitment process

In a radical change in the decades-old defense recruitment process, the Central Government on Tuesday announced the 'Agneepath' scheme for recruitment of soldiers in the Army, Navy, and Air Force, under which soldiers have been recruited on a contract basis for a short period of four years. 

Opposition to Agneepath scheme happening across the country

Kejriwal said in the tweet, 'Appeal to the central government - youth should be given a chance to serve the country for the whole life, not four years. Due to the lack of recruitment in the army for the last two years, the aspiring youth have become more than the eligibility, they should also be given a chance. He said that the youth are 'angry' and are opposing the Agneepath scheme everywhere in the country.

youth lying on railway track

After this announcement of the government, especially in Bihar, there is anger among the youth who are aspiring to join the army. More than a dozen aspiring youths blocked the route of a train by lying on the tracks at outer Delhi's Nangloi railway station on Thursday. There is a protest everywhere in the country against the new scheme of the Central Government in the recruitment of the army.

Youth are very angry: Arvind Kejriwal

Kejriwal said in a series of tweets, 'Youth is very angry. His demand is just right. Army is the pride of our country, our youth want to give their whole life to the country, don't keep their dreams tied in four years. According to the police, around 15-20 people gathered at Nangloi railway station at around 9:45 am to protest against the delay in railway recruitment examinations and the Agneepath scheme in the national capital.

Under the Agneepath scheme, only 25 percent will be regularized in the army

Police said that they stopped a train which was going from Jind in Haryana to Old Delhi. Under the Centre's plan, after four years, 75 percent of the soldiers will be retired without facilities like pension and a provision has been made to keep the remaining 25 percent regular in the Indian Army.