Biggest attack on terrorism after 11 years, Al Qaeda leader Al Zawahiri killed in US drone strike

Pankaj Prasad
Al Qaeda leader Al Zawahiri killed
Al Qaeda leader Al Zawahiri killed

US President Joe Biden has also confirmed the death of al-Qaeda leader al-Zawahiri by tweeting.

Washington: America has launched a major attack on terrorism. He claims to have killed the leader of the terrorist organization Al Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri, in a drone strike. This is America's biggest attack on terrorism 11 years after the killing of Osama bin Laden in 2011. US officials have claimed that al-Zawahiri was shot down by a CIA drone in Afghanistan.

Joe Biden confirmed the death by tweeting

US President Joe Biden has also confirmed the death of al-Qaeda leader al-Zawahiri by tweeting. US President Joe Biden said in his tweet that on Saturday, at my instructions, the US carried out a successful airstrike in Kabul, Afghanistan, in which Al Qaeda's emir Ayman al-Zawahiri was killed. Justice done.

Was instrumental in the US attack of September 2011

Let us tell you that Al-Qaeda leader Al-Zawahiri was accused of several attacks in America. In 2001, al-Zawahiri played an important role in the airstrikes on the US on September 11. In these attacks, four US civilian aircraft were hijacked and they collided in the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York, the Defense Ministry, the Pentagon near Washington, and Pennsylvania. About 3 thousand people were killed in these attacks.

CIA attacked with drone on Sunday

A US official disclosed on the condition of anonymity that the US intelligence agency CIA had conducted a drone strike on the Afghan capital Kabul on Sunday. Ayman al-Zawahiri was killed in this attack. This attack was done as part of the campaign against terrorism in Afghanistan. If the news of his death is confirmed, then questions will be raised about the role of Taliban. Questions will arise whether the Taliban had given shelter to Zawahiri after the capture of Kabul in August 2021 last year. In the year 2021, after 20 years, American forces left Afghanistan and went back to America.

Taliban condemn US attacks

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid confirmed the attacks and strongly condemned them. He called it a violation of international principles. A spokesman for Afghanistan's Interior Ministry also said that a loud bang was heard in Kabul on Sunday morning. Spokesperson Abdul Nafi Takor said a rocket had hit a house in Sherpur. Since the house was vacant, no one was injured.