Russia will now give this thing to India also to Pakistan! Putin said this to Shahbaz Sharif
Putin said, the issue is the supply of pipeline gas from Russia to Pakistan, which is possible, it means that a part of the infrastructure has already been prepared... we have to solve the Afghan issue Is.
SCO Summit 2022: Russian President Vladimir Putin told Pakistan Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Thursday that his country can supply gas to Pakistan and the necessary infrastructure is already in place. The two leaders met on the sidelines of the Shanghai Summit (SCO) in Uzbekistan.
According to Russia's state news agency Tass, Putin said, "The issue is the supply of pipeline gas from Russia to Pakistan, which is possible, it means that a part of the infrastructure has already been prepared... The issue has to be resolved.
India also imports gas
India also spends billions of dollars to buy gas from Russia. When Russia attacked Ukraine, within three months, India and China had spent $24 billion to buy oil, gas and coal from Russia. According to a Bloomberg report, India spent $5.1 billion to buy oil, coal and gas from Russia, which is five times more than last year. Russia has given huge discounts on energy, due to which India is buying more things from Aziz Dost. In the month of April, India bought 284000 barrels of oil from Russia. Whereas in May 7,40,000 barrels of oil were bought in a day. Whereas earlier India used to take 34000 barrels of oil from Russia in a year.
Now Russian President Putin has talked about supplying gas to Pakistan as well. In the month of February, former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan went to Russia to talk to Putin on the issue of economic cooperation and the long-pending gas pipeline. It is a gas stream project, also known as the North-South Gas Pipeline. It is being made in collaboration with Russian companies.
Russia-Pakistan had agreed to build a pipeline
In 2015, Russia and Pakistan agreed to build a 1,100 km (683 mi) long pipeline to transport LNG imported from Karachi on the Arabian Sea coast to power plants in the northeastern province of Punjab. According to Russia, it will cost from 1.5 to 3.5 billion dollars. In this, 26 percent of the funds have to be given to Russia and the remaining 74 percent to Pakistan. The project was to be launched in the year 2020, but after the company was hit by western sanctions, Russia had to change the initial partner, which was not related to the Pakistan Stream project.
Apart from this, Putin said, of course there are problems related to political stability, but taking into account our mutual good relations with the Afghan people, I hope that this problem can also be resolved, I mean on the situation in the country. Pakistan's influence.