In Chandigarh University, a ruckus has started after the news of objectionable videos going viral on social media surfaced. Students allege that MMS videos of many girl students have been leaked. Thousands of students are protesting in the university campus regarding this matter. Whereas in this case the police have arrested two people so far. In which one student and the other her boyfriend from Shimla. Let us understand this whole matter in 10 points.
1. In Chandigarh University , the case of MMS videos of many students going viral on social media first came to light.
2. Thousands of students took to the road and raised slogans against the university administration regarding the video leak. The protesting students are adamant on meeting the VC, while the university administration has asked the students to form a committee.
3. The police have so far arrested two in the alleged MMS leak case of the students. The girl, who shared the video with her boyfriend, was already arrested by the police. Now her boyfriend has been arrested by the police from Shimla.
4. It is being told that the arrested student used to make her video and send it to her boyfriend. The police officer said that in the preliminary investigation, it was revealed that the girl caught had sent her own video to her boyfriend, a resident of Shimla. He said that a case has been registered under Section 354C of the Indian Penal Code and Information Technology Act and a student has been detained.
5. The university administration has denied reports of many girl students making videos and sharing them on social media. Dr Arvinder Singh Kang, Director, Students Welfare, Chandigarh University said, "In the investigation done by us at the primary level, the case of making videos of other girl students has not come to the fore. He said, for a transparent investigation, the university authorities have lodged an FIR with the police.
6. The rumor of suicide attempt by some girl students and MMS of 60 girl students has also been termed as wrong by the university administration.
7. Chandigarh University has declared a holiday for two days after the students protested in the MMS leak case. It has been clearly written in the letter issued by the university that there will be no academic work on September 19 and 20. However, all the personnel have been ordered to be present in their respective departments and workplaces as usual.
8. Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann has ordered an inquiry into the Chandigarh University video leak case. Chief Minister Mann tweeted, "Sad to hear about the unfortunate incident of Chandigarh University. Our daughters are our honour. A high level inquiry has been ordered in the matter. Strict action will be taken against whoever is found guilty. Mann appealed to the people not to pay heed to rumours.
9. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that those involved in the case will get strict punishment.
10. Order has been given to get the SIT investigated in the video leak case. On the demand of the students, the DC of Mohali Amit Talwar said that the investigation of this matter will now be done by the SIT. Women officers will also be included in the SIT team.