Maharashtra: NCB busts international racket; Girl students become victims of food poisoning in Gadchiroli

Pankaj Prasad
Narcotics Control Bureau
Narcotics Control Bureau

Narcotics Control Bureau has busted an international drugs racket.

Narcotics Control Bureau has busted an international drugs racket. An officer gave information about this. He told that also the people associated with this racket were involved in illegal smuggling of pharma medicines from India to Australia. Along with this, three people have been arrested with amphetamine and other items worth Rs 3 crore. At the same time, 109 girl students have been admitted to the hospital in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra. These girl students were brought to the hospital after complaining of food poisoning.

International drugs racket busted

NCB official said that a racket involved in illegal smuggling of pharmaceutical drugs from India to foreign countries was busted while acting on a secret information. He said that information was received that a consignment of medicines was being sent to Australia illegally. Taking cognizance of this, a DRI team visited a courier firm and examined the parcel containing a steel table. When it was examined, packets of hidden drugs were found in it. 9.877 kg of amphetamine was found in these packets. Along with this, 2.548 kg Zolpidem Tartrate tablets and 6.545 kg Tramadol tablets were also seized. The NCB official said that the total value of all these is Rs 3 crore.

Arrest was also made

He also informed that after investigation in the case, a person named V Singh was arrested. At the same time, when he was interrogated, it came to light about his other associates. After which his associates G Mishra and P Sharma were arrested from Mumbai. Following the arrest, a large consignment of illegally obtained pharmaceutical drugs was found from his premises. It was to be sent abroad. Of these, 9,800 Zolpidem Tartrate tablets and 18,700 Tramadol tablets were seized.

Girl students become victims of food poisoning in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra

At the same time, in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra, a case of girl students falling ill after consuming poisonous food in their residential school has come to light. It was told that more than 100 girl students were admitted to the hospital after falling ill after having lunch.

Gadchiroli district civil surgeon Dr Pramod Khandate said that the incident took place on Wednesday at an 'Ashram Shala' (residential school for tribal children) located in Sode village of Dhanora taluka of the district. There, lunch was served to the students in the school on Wednesday at around 12.30 pm. Some time after eating that food, he started vomiting and also complained of stomach ache and headache. After this, 109 girl students were admitted to a government hospital. Later, 40 of them were shifted to a hospital in Gadchiroli, while 69 others are undergoing treatment at Dhanora Rural Hospital. He said that samples of food and school water given to the girl students have been sent to the laboratory for testing.