Sirhama Encounter: 2 terrorists, including LeT top commander killed in gunfight, 4 civilians injured in blast in encounter site

By Friday morning, two terrorists were killed by the security forces.

25th September, 2020

So far two Lashkar-e-Taiba militants have been killed in an ongoing encounter between security forces and militants since Sunday evening in Sirhama village of Bijbehra sub-division of South Kashmir's district Anantnag. Police sources say one of the top militants, including the top militants, was active in the Valley for the last three years. The police have not revealed the identity of any terrorists at present. After the security forces evacuated the area, the bodies of the slain militants have been taken over by the security forces. A large quantity of arms and ammunition has also been recovered from the encounter site.

Four youths were also injured in the blast while tampering with the façade of the house spread at the site of the encounter. According to the information from the police, soon after the encounter, as soon as the security forces extracted the bodies of the two Lashkar-e-Taiba slain terrorists from the damaged house, at the same time some local youths reached there to find the goods in Malwa. During this, an explosion took place in the debris and four youth fell into it. He has suffered very serious injuries.

The injured youths have been identified as Irfan Ahmed, Mohammad Yasin Radar, Shahid Yusuf and Mudasir Ahmed Magre, who are said to have been shifted to Srinagar Hospital in view of the critical condition of the two youths while the other two were treated. It is being done in Bijbehara Sub District Hospital. The police have also confirmed the injuries to four youths.

Police said that based on the information received from reliable sources on Thursday last evening, a joint team of 03 RR and CRPF of the Army, Army, conducted a search operation in the area. The security forces started a search for terrorists after laying siege to Sirhama village. Seeing the security forces approaching, the terrorists opened fire. Before retaliation, the security forces gave the terrorists a chance to surrender but even after that they continued firing, the security forces also opened fire.

By taking advantage of the darkness, the security forces had also arranged for the terrorists to not get a chance to escape. The firing continued till early morning. The security forces piled both the terrorists hidden between nine and 10 am. One of the slain terrorists is a foreigner and a resident of Pulwama. Both are said to be related to Lashkar-e-Taiba. One of the slain terrorists is a top Lashkar commander and another a Pakistani citizen.

On the other hand, the security forces conducted a search operation in the area and confirmed that there are no more terrorists present there. After being convinced, all the soldiers have finished the operation and returned.

Category: India


Reported by:
Pankaj Prasad