A major incident happened in Prayagraj. In Amilia village of Phulpur Kotwali in the district, five people died due to drinking liquor of government domestic contract on the night of Friday. Four other people have been admitted to the hospital, where their condition is said to be critical. It has been feared that the alcohol was poisonous. The officials remained present in the village of Amilia till late in the night. Investigations are on how poisonous liquor reached government contracts.
When there was a noise of poisonous liquor, the bottle was run away
There is a country liquor contract in the name of Sangeeta Jaiswal, who lives in Agrapatti in Amilia village. There was a gathering of drinkers on Friday late evening. Shortly after drinking, many people suddenly started falling on the ground one by one. Seeing this, there was chaos. When others made a noise of poisonous liquor, others threw the bottle. Those who fell on the ground were taken to a nearby hospital.
Five people died due to drinking alcohol
In this, the whole of Basant Lal Patel (55), Shambhu Nath Maurya (55), Raj Bahadur Gautam (50) resident Amilia and Pyare Lal (48) resident Khansar Mali, Malahan resident of Rajesh Gaur were declared dead by doctors.
These are admitted in the hospital
At the same time, Konar, resident of Tarachandra, full of Jagdish resident Mali, Amilia and another resident of Prabhunath Patel have been admitted to the hospital. Many more have been admitted to area hospitals. His name and address could not be known.
DM and SSP reached the spot
After getting the information, District Magistrate Bhanu Chandra Goswami, SSP Best Tripathi inspected the site and questioned the villagers. Information was obtained about the contract operators and salesmen. It turned out that the salesman left the contract. The authorities closed the contract. The District Magistrate says that the number of people who have consumed contract liquor is being ascertained.