4th October, 2019
People are being made aware of the damage caused by this through a large-scale campaign across the country from October 2 to ban single-use plastic. Instead, awareness is being raised about the use of cloth or paper bags.
Stringent rules have been made against the use of single-use plastic, the invoices of shopkeepers using polythene bags are being cut. Challans are being deducted for its use across the country.
Under Section 15 of the Environment (Protection) Act - 1986, anyone who does not follow orders can be punished with a maximum sentence of 5 years or a fine of Rs 1 lakh. In special cases both (imprisonment and fine) can be imposed together. However, despite the orders of the NGT, people are also using plastic. Many people have also been fined up to Rs 5000, yet people are using single-use plastic, so strictness is being shown.
Shopkeeper will cut electricity-water
According to the Environment Department, this strictness will not only be on common people, but also on shopkeepers and showroom operators. In spite of the ban on shops and showrooms, polyethylene, plastic and thermocol will be used, their electricity and water connections will be cut. Provision has also been made to seal shop-showroom. He said that no person can manufacture, store, import, sell, supply or use plastics, thermocol, styrofoam goods shopkeeper, seller, whole seller, trader, hawker or hawker.
A protocol guidebook is also being distributed by the administration to make people aware of single use plastic and thermocol ban, so that people can know which plastic products are banned and what will be banned after 3 months.
They are banned
- Ban on single use plastic cutlery (plate, cup, glass, bowl, fork, knife, spoon, straw).
- Thermocol / Styrofoam cutlery (plates, cups, glasses, bottles, etc.).
- Single use plastic containers (bottle, tray, glass, lidus) less than 250 microns.
- Silver aluminum, plastic bags or pouches used for packing food items.
- Drinking water sealed glass and plastic mineral water pouches.
- Once used razors, pens.
- Plastic and thermocol used in decorations.
- Wrapping, packing sheets, frills, garlands, party bloopers, plastic ribbons used in decorations.
- Nonwoven polypropylene bag.
- Plastic / polyethylene carry bag in all sizes and colors without handles and without handles.
These too will be banned after three months
- Any type of industrial packaging less than 50 microns.
- Packaging less than 250 microns, kheer, ice cream containers etc. used in dairy items.
- Packaging capesti sachets less than 50 mL / 50g.
- Plastic sticks, balloons, flags, candies used in ear buds.
- Plastic refill pouch less than 500 mL quantity.
- Straw found with Tetra Pack.
- Multi-layered packaging used in food / snack packing.