25th January, 2020
The United States has admitted that 34 US soldiers were seriously injured in the Iranian counter-attack. The Pentagon reported on Friday that a US military base in Iraq had been attacked by Iran with missiles in the past in which 34 US soldiers suffered brain injuries. However, half of these soldiers are posted back to military bases after treatment. After the death of Iran's General Qasim Sulemani, Iran retaliated and attacked the US military bases in Iraq on January 8, after which US President Donald Trump claimed that everything was fine and American soldiers are safe.
17 US soldiers injured in attack are still under surveillance
According to Pentagon chief spokesman Jonathan Hoffman, 34 US soldiers suffered severe injuries in the attack by Iran, 17 of which are still under surveillance. It has been said by the US military that no such information was received immediately after the Iranian attack, but a few days later a case of injury to the soldiers came to light.
Demand to remove US forces from Iraq
At the same time, the US has not yet started any talks with Iraq to withdraw its troops from there. However, Iraq's parliament calls for the withdrawal of US troops from there. The US Special Envoy for the Global Alliance against Syria and the Islamic State, James Jeffrey, has said that no real agreement has been reached on the matter at present. In this context, Jeffrey said, "We want the entire strategic relationship with the Iraqi government to be discussed." We have said this before. There is a strategic agreement between Iraq and the US since 2008. The scope of this agreement also includes economic, security and diplomatic relations. '