11th February, 2020
After the counting of votes in the Delhi Assembly, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is set to form the government. It has won 62 seats out of 70. Earlier in the 2015 elections, the Aam Aadmi Party won 67 out of 70 seats. Come, let us come up with ten reasons, due to which the Aam Aadmi Party was successful in winning the election of Delhi.
1. Aam Aadmi Party declared Arvind Kejriwal as the Chief Ministerial candidate in Delhi. Instead, BJP and Congress did not declare their candidature for the post of CM. Its direct impact was seen in the election. Arvind Kejriwal repeatedly challenged the BJP about this. This was in favor of the Aam Aadmi Party.
2. Aam Aadmi Party election was positive. Arvind Kejriwal and his party focused their election on their work and avoided controversial statements. Arvind Kejriwal and his party did not fall into the trap despite repeated calls from the BJP. Its leaders did not attend the protest against the CAA at Shaheen Bagh. He, however, opposed the CAA in the statements. They knew that the people of Hinduism are the majority in Delhi. If they go to Shaheen Bagh then Hindus will lose their votes.
3. Arvind Kejriwal made the issue of personal attack. He repeatedly called himself the son of Delhi. In Delhi, he was described by BJP leaders Pravesh Verma, Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga and Kapil Mishra as Arvind Kejriwal's terrorists. During this, during the elections, people repeatedly asked if I was a terrorist. This is the reason why the Election Commission was strict about this and banned those who spoke. Kapil Mishra had tweeted that on February 8, India and Pakistan will compete. On doing this the Aam Aadmi Party made a point. This is why Kapil Mishra was banned by the Election Commission on two days.
4. In Delhi elections also, BJP kept the focus on national issues instead of local. BJP leaders kept counting the achievements of their government ranging from the Citizenship Amendment Act, Surgical Strike on Pakistan, Air Strike in their meetings. The BJP raised local issues, but the CAA and other national issues and nationalism remained dominant throughout its campaign.
5. The exit of the Congress forming the government thrice in Delhi was completely in favor of the Aam Aadmi Party. In the elections, 67 candidates of the Congress lost their deposits. He did not remain in the position of number two on any seat. He lost 5 percent of his votes. He got only 5 percent of the vote in the 2020 elections. His account was not even opened. Due to this, the direct contest in Delhi was between the Aam Aadmi Party and the BJP. BJP got only 7 seats even after getting more than 6 percent of the vote. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi rallied in Jaipur and Wayanad during the elections but it was not considered appropriate to hold a meeting in Delhi. This is the reason why Congress came out of the election.
6. Despite being the small party of Arvind Kejriwal in the elections, he fought fiercely against a big party like BJP. The BJP fielded 70 of its Union Ministers, 11 Chief Ministers, and 250 MPs during the elections. Amit Shah held more than two hundred meetings in the elections. In comparison, Arvind Kejriwal single-handedly overpowered the party. He kept the focus on the work issue.
7. The free electricity-water issue was a hit in Delhi. After forming the government in 2015, the Aam Aadmi Party promised 20 thousand liters of free water. He implemented it as soon as the government was formed. Apart from this, when Delhi became a government in 2015, it started giving half a subsidy on 200 units. After this, in August 2019, we started giving a full subsidy of 200 units, that is, free up to 200 units of electricity. After this, the guarantee card of Aam Aadmi Party has promised to give 200 units of electricity free for the next five years.
8. In November 2019, the AAP government made travel in women buses free. This brought great relief to working women and domestic women. With this, the AAP government succeeded in attracting a fifty percent population. Along with this, marshals were also installed in buses. This overshadowed the issue of women's safety in elections. This is the reason why women voted in favor of the Aam Aadmi Party in the 2020 Delhi Assembly elections.
9. Government schools in Delhi were comprehensively improved. First Delhi government schools were seen as compared to convent schools. For this, 25 percent of Delhi's budget was allocated for education. With this, around 20 thousand new rooms were built in Delhi. In addition, the Delhi government prohibited the increase in the fees of private schools. It had a direct impact.
10. In Delhi, through the mohalla clinic, people tried to provide free health facilities to the people. For this, around 450 mohalla clinics were built in Delhi. The facility of treating people, lab facilities and free medicines were provided here. Nearly two and a half million CCTV cameras were installed in Delhi. Women's safety and people's convenience increased. This issue was covered in elections.
Category: India: Election