“Vasco” Aguirre announced that the Mexico national team list is open to everyone
Javier Aguirre apparently has found interesting players in the league and that is why he reiterated that the list for the World Cup is open to anyone
Javier Aguirre reiterated that the list of 26 called up for the Mexican national team for the 2026 World Cup is open to any player who demonstrates the size of being able to be called up and that for that reason he remains attentive to what happens in the league for the Liga MX title.
With 21 days until the ball rolls with the Mexico duel against South Africa at the Mexico City Stadium (Azteca), Vasco has not defined its 26 squad and from what could be seen this Thursday in the conference prior to the duel against Ghana within the last phase of preparation of the Tricolor, there could be important changes in the final relationship.
So far he has not released any clues about a player who could be called up at the last minute, as was speculated with Ricky Ledezma and Bryan González from the Chivas or, in his case, Carlos Rodríguez from Cruz Azul and Jordan Carrillo from the Pumas de la UNAM.
“Yes, they are an option, the names you want, but yes, the list is still open for the 26,” said the Mexico strategist for the players who are not yet concentrated in the High Performance Center.
So far there are many doubts regarding the integration of the list and players like Luis Chávez, César Huerta, Santiago Giménez, Jordan Carrillo and Carlos Rodríguez could be added, especially due to the criteria that the national coach has used in recent weeks, where in the end he decided to open the range of options.
He even touched on the topic of Marcel Ruiz, from Toluca, who was ruled out due to an injury, but as time progressed, he continued playing and for that reason, the Mexico national team coach said that he cannot rule out anyone, so, if he were called up, it would not be a surprise.
The Tricolor coach pointed out that they are paying attention to the Liga MX Liguilla, since, due to the format with which they compete in Mexico, he called players who are no longer active, but there are others who continue and are in good shape.
"Of course, we are very attentive, my coaching staff and I. We have seen everyone, my collaborators have come to the stadium and I have reports; we have to make good decisions for the good of football, for our own good and because there is no one here who is safe at the moment and in that sense, I like them to raise their hands and this is a source of pride for me, because it has been a long time since I have seen so much excitement about being in the national team. It stopped being a burden to be a source of pride, concluded the national coach.

