Trump says he is torn between closing a deal or attacking Iran
President considers further actions as negotiations on Iranian nuclear program advance
Donald Trump accepted this Saturday that he is divided between closing an agreement or resuming the military offensive against Iran.
In brief telephone statements to the Axios portal, the president said that there is a 50% chance of reaching a "good" deal or, on the contrary, he will blow up Iran, a country with which he agreed to a ceasefire in April.
The president plans to meet this Saturday with his security team, including the vice president, JD Vance, and the American negotiating team, Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner, to evaluate the situation.
Trump canceled his plans to spend the weekend at his golf course in New Jersey on Friday and returned to Washington to follow up on negotiations with Tehran.
The head of the Pakistani Army, General Asim Munir, who acts as a mediator between the United States and Iran, visited Tehran this Saturday to try to promote an agreement.
The Iranian Foreign Ministry declared that in the last week there has been “a rapprochement of positions” and the United States Secretary of State, Marco Rubio, on an official visit to India, anticipated that there could be an announcement in the coming hours or days.
At the center of the negotiations is the Iranian nuclear program, as Washington demands that Tehran stop enriching uranium, and the situation in the Strait of Hormuz, blocked by Iran since the start of the war and where it wants to charge a toll for its transit.

